Tuesday 6 May 2014

Whats in my suitcase this summer?

ITS SUMMER!!!

And I honestly couldn't be happier! (This has been my first month of blogging and its going so well thank you all for following! VERY much appreciated)  :)Summer is my favourite time of year! Especially since I am jetting off to Portugal this Saturday the 10th!! I cannot contain the excitement! And it seems that everyone and their mothers are flying off on holiday this year! So I decided to do this post on what I am bringing with me to Portugal and maybe give you all a few ideas :) So without further adieu here are my favourite things going into my suitcase with me! 

 On Board
We all know there is NOTHING worse than being on a flight in uncomfortable restrictive clothes! And god forbid your flight gets delayed! And then there is the worry of dressing too cold/warm for your destination, so after careful planning I finally decided I am going to board my flight in this floaty, summery, girly outfit

Yellow Polka Dot Dress - 5EURO New Look
Round Sunglasses- 2EURO Penneys/Primark
Nude Wedges-12EURO Penneys/Primark
Necklace-3EURO Penneys/Primark
Suddenly Diamonds Perfume- 3.99EURO Lidl
WetNWild Nail varnish in Private Viewing-2.99EURO Dunnes Stores
Behold! My pretty suitcase that was only 20EURO from Dunnes Stores!
Dunnes are currently doing a sale on most Suitcases so run down before its too late! I was lucky enough to snap up this pretty case, it is JUST the right size for a week away in the sun!This case smoothly rolls along the ground and has interchangeable handlebar height! Perfect!

At the beach/by the pool
Of course, the most important part of your entire holiday has to be lazing on the beach or relaxing by the pool! and of course playing drunken volleyball in the water but thats for another time :) As I am a big busted lady on a budget finding swimsuits that fit right at a reasonable price are like gold dust to come across! And not being the thinnest of girls i dont tend to have alot of my body on show and like to cover up when I am beside the pool/beach! So i found these!
Excuse the awkward angle, it was the only way this picture was going to work. I spotted this bright,vibrant and classy bikini in Dunnes Stores would you believe! I was nearly positive they wouldn't have my best size (36DD) And they did! i was over the moon and ran straight to the desk to buy this gorgeous bikini! The details are just beautiful,it have a little knot at the front middle of the bikini top and a side knot on the bottoms, absolutely gorgeous, and also the support in the bra is excellent!
Bikini top 12.00EURO Dunnes Stores
Bikini Bottoms 6.00EURO Dunnes Stores
Spotted these flip flops in Penneys at 2.50EURO for two pairs! Unfortunately I couldn't find the other pair in my room for this picture (they're plain dark brown) Amazing value!
Again, excuse the terrible picture, but this is my favourite purchase of 2014 so far! This gorgeous colourful floaty kaftan is 16.00EURO from Penneys would you believe!!The detail is to die for! This sheer material will keep you modest over your bikini and yet allow breeze to fly right through to cool you down!
This is the best picture of the beaded detail on the chest that i could get! This Boho style kaftan is floorlength with bat wing arms, so floaty and sophisticated yet fun and sexy! Adore this buy!
And not forgetting a fun and flexible beach bag to carry your towel and sunlotion in!
Cotton Bag 7.00EURO Dunnes Stores

Dinner/Date night
Because I am going over with 11 of my friends and 1 being my Boyfriend its nearly positive that we will be going for a fancy dinner at some point, as my suitcase is only quite small I am only packing a light dress and small shoes with minimal accessories, so I came up with this date night look! A classy and sexy outfit made possible with a statement figure hugging dress and strappy leather heels with bag to match and gold accents. Love love love
Red Dress- 5.00EURO forever 21
Handbag 18.00EURO Penneys
Heals- 16.00EURO Penneys
Necklace-4.00EURO Penneys
Estee Lauder Lipstick-15.00 EURO Debenhams

this look would be perfect to go from daytime cocktails to evening dinner and drinks! This 50's style floral dress is one of my favourite wardrobe essentials! this ultra girly, vintage look is so versatile it can work during any stage of the day/night!
Floral Dress 10.00EURO New Look (Sale)
Nude Wedges 12EURO Penneys/Primark
Round Sunglasses 2EURO Penneys/Primark
Necklace 4.00EURO Penneys/Primark
Belt 4.00EURO Penneys Primark
WetNWild Varnish in Wet Cement 2.99EURO Dunnes Stores
Mac Viva Glam Lipstick 18.00 Mac,Brown Thomas

Shopping/Relaxing
During the day I dont want to make a huge fuss and dress to impress constantly, So this outfit is perfect for me as i wear it alot anyway! Ultra comfortable and super versatile! the outfit is simple and takes little to no effort! Team this outfit with a back combed pony or messy bun and you're ready to go
Top 2EURO Penneys/Primark
Skirt 4EURO Penneys/Primark
Creppers 12EURO Penneys/Primark
Guns N Roses Tote Bag 4EURO Penneys/Primark
Peace Sign Necklace 2EURO Penneys/Primark
WetNWild Lipstick in CherryBomb 2.99EURO Dunnes Stores
Round Sunglasses 2EURO Penneys/Primark
River Island London Perfume 10EURO (On Sale) 

I adore this dress! this striking blue dress was bought in a second hand shop and I adore it! The mandela type design on it makes it stand out from the crowd! Perfect for doing a bit of shopping or sitting down for some lunch and cocktails in the gorgeous sun!
Blue Mandela Dress- Second hand 10 EURO


I wear this..all...the..time, I literally cannot find anything else more comfortable so I would wear these around the house and on the flight back home! This jumper is my brothers that he got whilst he was in Isreal and these bottoms are my favourite bottoms..ever! I bought these in Spain last year at a market for 10 Euro! These are perfect to wear to/from the beach as they're a sheer material! Same goes for this jumper! It looks wooly and heavy but infact its super light weight! 



Are you jetting off this summer? If so comment below or mail me at nadinestephens1990@gmail.com 
I hope you found this post helpful!

The Parma Violet









2 comments:

  1. great post! I can't wait to go on holiday as well!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! Just got back home from my holiday tonight! Got a great aul tan so I did! When are you going on holiday? :)

      Delete